Are you worried about losing your data when replacing an old hard drive? Are you concerned about data being potentially deleted when you’re upgrading to a drive with more capacity? It is inevitable to create a back up of your data in any of the mentioned case, however, these days it is now a hassle-free and easy to do job. All you have to do is create a clone of your hard drive or use data recovery software!
All other back up techniques are technically difficult, complicated and time-consuming but these three techniques are relatively convenient:
- Cloning a Hard Drive
- Using EaseUS data recovery software
- Using EaseUS free data recovery software
What does cloning a hard drive mean?
Isn’t it magical that you can create the exact direct copy of your original hard drive on a new hard drive? This process is called “Cloning”, in which the cloned hard drive is identical to the original hard dive, more like a monozygotic twin! All directory documents, operating systems, desktop files, and drivers will be created in the cloned drive as it is without even a minute functional difference. Following are the advantages of creating a clone of your hard drive:
- Upgrade your hard disk from an old smaller disk to a large new disk
- Migrate all data instantly
- Create a full back up on the target disk
- Recover lost data from a damaged disk or PC
How to clone a hard drive?
Before you start cloning your hard drive, there a few pre-requisites that you must look after:
- There should be enough capacity of the target disk so that it can accommodate all the data from the original disk
- You first need to download backup software that can easily be found online for free. There are also other softwares or external hard drives that can be purchased to create a clone.
Once you have downloaded and installed the software or purchased an external drive, follow the guidelines below to create a clone:
- Once you have downloaded the software, the software or your external hard drive will give you prompts and guidelines automatically
- Click the “Clone Disk” option under the Clone option
- Then you will be asked to select your source or original disk that you want to clone
- After you have made a selection for source disk, select the destination disk where you want your clone to be created
- Finally confirm all your settings option and click “Start Clone”
- Depending on the size of your original disk, this can take a few minutes to an hour. Once the clone has been made, you can click “Finish” to complete the process.
Remember, once you have created a clone. Any changes to the date will only be visible in the original drive not the cloned drive, to reflect changes on the clone; you need to schedule time to make new clones for your original drive.
How to Use Free and Pro EaseUS Data Recovery Software?
Cloning a hard drive is a precautionary step, but what can one do if they have lost the data and haven’t made their hard drive’s clone? Then Ease US Data Recovery Software is the solution to your problem. This software allows you to retrieve lost data from your PC, removable device or laptop if it is accidentally deleted or formatted. You recover your data in following easy steps:
- Visit the following web address to access the data recovery software of EaseUS: http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm.
- Click the link given that says “Free Download” to download the free version of the EaseUS free data recovery software.
- Once the software has downloaded, launch it on your device.
- Then hit the “Scan” button to scan your device
- Once the scanning is down, you will be able to recover your lost files.
To enjoy the maximum features of the Ease US data recovery software, you can avail the “Pro” version by clicking the link “Upgrade” to purchase the pro version.